Clinical Trials & Data Centre
The Clinical Trials and Data Centre (CTDC) is a WAHTN enabling platform that aims to enhance clinical trials and related data management in WA.
Clinical trialists have come together under the banner of WAHTN to enhance expertise in administering and governing clinical trials in WA, thereby enabling WA to participate as equal partner in national and international clinical trials networks.
The CTDC is based at Curtin University’s Centre for Research Excellence (led by Professor Chris Reid) utilising funding received from the WA Department of Health (2017 – 2019).
- 5th Floor Office – Curtin Medical School
- Clinical Trials Hub – 2nd Floor Curtin School of Public Health
- WAHTN Offices - Harry Perkins Institute, Nedlands
Clinical Trials & Data Management Centre,
Curtin University Bentley Campus, Perth
- Assist researchers in the design and conduct of clinical trials and clinical registries.
- Support the development of clinical trial data management systems.
- Establish a critical mass of expertise in trial governance.
- Offer sophisticated biostatistics and trial management services to research networks and commercial sponsors.
- Provide training for WA clinical researchers to enhance clinical trials skills.
- Monthly Clinical Trials Forums.
The Clinical Trials and Data Centre is a WAHTN enabling platform that aims to enhance clinical trials and related data management in Western Australia.
The platform is a WAHTN-wide entity sharing expertise in clinical trial study design (including novel designs), clinical trial conduct, data management, data-linkage, analytical techniques for clinical trial datasets, bio-repository techniques and clinical registry datasets. It facilitates the pursuit of large scale clinical trials and translational healthcare research in WA.
Benefits of the Clinical Trials and Data Centre include:
- Enhanced access to high quality clinical trials for patients and clinicians.
- Attract a greater number of clinical trials to Western Australia.
- Secure a nationally recognised leadership role for Western Australia in the management of large clinical trials and public health data-sets.
- Position Western Australia to capitalise on its established leadership in data-linkage and the increasing need for large database capacity in areas such as large clinical trials, clinical registries, and quality of care monitoring.
- Meet an increasing demand for specialist skills in software and web developments related to clinical trials analysis, health data-management and bio-statistical analysis.
- Increase national capacity in clinical trials and clinical registries data-management and analysis skills.
- Reduce risks associated with large scale data processing.
- Maintain leading edge skills with training and professional development and provide a structured career path for staff involved in clinical trials and data management.
Clinical trialists have come together under the banner of WAHTN to increase expertise in sponsoring, administering and governing clinical trials in WA, securing data management expertise, thereby enabling WA to participate as equal partner in national and international trials networks.