Congratulations to the 2019 Finalists of the Premier’s Science Awards. Many of our partner organisations and their amazing researchers are represented.
This year’s awards finalists include a scientist who has discovered new ways to treat and diagnose cancer; a scientist who is improving the ways our marine ecosystems are monitored, and a scientist who has found self-sustaining plant communities that can thrive in previously sterile, mined landscapes.
Premier’s Science Award categories include:
- Scientist of the Year ($50,000 prize)
- Woodside Early Career Scientist of the Year ($10,000 prize)
- ExxonMobil Student Scientist of the Year ($10,000 prize)
- Shell Aboriginal STEM Student of the Year ($10,000 prize)
- Chevron Science Engagement Initiative of the Year ($10,000 prize)
The Premier’s Science Awards winners and Western Australian Science Hall of Fame inductee will be announced at a ceremony on August 13, 2019. The awards are sponsored by Chevron, ExxonMobil, Shell and Woodside and supported by the State’s five universities.