The Australian Health Research Alliance (AHRA) is a national grouping of the seven National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) accredited Advanced Health Research Translation Centres (AHRTCs) and two Centres for Innovation in Regional Health (CIRHs) found across Australia.
These Centres are recognised as national leaders in research-based health care and training and have been accredited by the NHMRC for excellence in health care, research, and translation of evidence into patient care. Through nationwide collaboration, the Centres have come together to address and overcome key barriers to translating research into implementable strategies and delivering outcomes to patients.
AHRA National Projects
AHRA runs four national sub-committees, made up of representatives from the seven AHRTCs and two CIRHs. These sub-committees have unique goals responding to separate priorities which AHRA and the Federal Department of Health have deemed “National Systems Level Initiatives”
- Indigenous Health and Research Capacity Building
- Community and Consumer Involvement
- Data Driven Healthcare Improvement
- Health Systems Improvement and Sustainability
- Wound Care Research and Service Delivery
Through the Medical Research and Future Fund (MRFF), the AHRA Centres are funded to support the National Initiatives listed above and Rapid Applied Research Translation (RART) projects.
The purpose of this research funding is to:
- Improve patient experience by improving care pathways and service connections
- Reduce unwarranted variation in healthcare and patient outcomes
- Improve the health of certain at risk groups in Australia, such as Indigenous Austrians
Members of AHRA
- Brisbane Diamantina Health Partners
- Central Australian Academic Health Science Network
- Health Translation SA
- Melbourne Academic Centre for Health
- Monash Partners
- NSW Regional Health Partners
- Sydney Health Partners
- Sydney Partnership for Health, Education, Research and Enterprise (SPHERE Maridulu Budyari Gumal)
- Western Australian Health Translation Network