At the heart of everything we do is the Lotterywest vision of ‘Building a better WA together’ and the Healthway vision of ‘A healthy Western Australia.’
Lotterywest and Healthway grants ensure that Western Australia’s health, sports and arts sectors, as well as thousands of local government authorities and not-for-profit groups, are supported in their valuable contribution to the community.
As part of our commitment to continuous improvement it is good practice to regularly review operations, including our grant making strategy. The bringing together of Healthway and Lotterywest in January 2018 and the respective grant making approach, was incorporated into this review.
As a result, a Lotterywest and Healthway Community Investment Framework has been developed. It sets out priority areas and desired outcomes to benefit Western Australia. Measuring community impact is an important component of the Framework and incorporates mechanisms to show what was achieved, and how the community benefits.
There are five priority areas for our grant making:
- Active Healthy People – Assisting our community to be more active and support initiatives which promote healthy lives.
- Protected Sustainable Ecosystems – Supporting our community to sustain and enhance our unique species and environments.
- Inclusive Thriving Community – Supporting the diversity of Western Australians to actively engage in community life.
- Connected Cultural Experiences – Bringing people together through the arts, heritage and cultural activities.
- Smart Innovative Society – Supporting science and research while helping build and retain talent in our State.
How will we get there?
The Framework transition is underway and will be implemented over the next few months.
We will continue to work alongside organisations to provide guidance through the application process and what is required.
Where can I find more information and support?
Find out more about the Community Investment Framework by talking with one of our Grants staff.
You can also visit www.lotterywest.wa.gov.au/grants/community-investment-framework, call Lotterywest on 133 777 or email email@example.com.
To contact Healthway, visit www.healthway.wa.gov.au, call 1800 198 450 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Lotterywest and Healthway